Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thing 22 -- My DV Library

Omaha Public Library is moving toward the future with lots of confidence. I managed to download "Jack and the Beanstalk", one of those silly old Abbott and Costello movies. I was a little confused about the process of adding permissions and so on before I could download the movie. I think an overview instruction would be helpful. But I got it to work. There's a lot of movies I didn't even try to get to.

I went through one of the TumbleBooks free trial setups. Right now I can't remember the third item. I looked at all of them. Once again I am amazed at the amount of Freebies offerred!

I would be interested to know how much patron use is going on with the downloadable materials. I constantly tell them to get on the website and poke around the databases and all the other offerrings. They usually sort of smile and walk away. I don't know if they are even aware!

No comments: