Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thing 21 -- Podcasts

This is so neat! The programs are available to listen anytime anywhere. Can record and retrieve using the PC or other nifty techno devices. I didn't want to get into the music, iTunes, so I stayed with book discussions and reviews. I managed to set up the RSS feed to my Bloglines. (I guess I have been learning something.)

I do like audio materials for the sake of listening while I knit or crochet. I sometimes make mistakes if I am constantly looking up at a video screen. Audio materials are like having someone read to me or like listening to the radio.

The podcasts would be very convenient to the more techno savy patrons. Especially the wide range of subjects out there. Literally, something for everyone -- when you want it. There is much offerred free of charge.

No comments: