Thursday, January 8, 2009

Thing 20 YouTube

I had to do some fumbling around to accomplish the corgi puppy posting to my blog. The reason I chose this particular video is because the puppy is so cute. This video doesn't have a bunch of bla, bla, bla. . . There's just the background noise that the puppy kind of reacts to, in between dozing it smiles and huffs around. Shows all the qualities of the breed that make them so endearing.

I like to spend time on Youtube, but I sometimes feel like it's a huge wasteland. I have to limit my time there. I do see it as a good way to demonstrate or provide instruction. There is audio as well as video. I was pleased to find a video showing how easy it is to create iron on designs for tee-shirts using a particular HP printer product. The demo was done by two little Brownie scouts. (So easy, a child can do it!) There are many applications for instructing how tos of library land. It would be way helpful to have the video instructions for patrons using library machines. Adding money to their accounts for printing purposes. You can post instructions, most people don't even try to figure it out. (It's just simpler and faster to ask staff for help.) They might watch the video and give it a try.

No comments: